Adding a Member (Baptism or PoF)
Members can be added in 5 ways:
- Baptism - current or old baptism in your church
- Profession of Faith - current or old PoF in your church
- Prior Baptism/ProfOfFaith/Transfer - for churches with incomplete membership records in eAdventist (special case)
- Transfer from International Church - move existing membership from an off-system church (doesn't use eAdventist)
- Transfer from North American Church - move existing membership from an online or offline church (uses eAdventist)
Be sure that the person has already been added as a "nonmember". Use Person Search to find them. Click on the name in the results list.
This will take you to the Person page. Click on the "Change Status" button to record the baptism.
On the Change Status/Rebaptize page, "to Member" and "Baptism" are default values so just enter (1) the baptism date and lick the "Save" button.
This will take you to the Baptism Info screen. This information is optional and can be added or edited later, if necessary. Click the "Save" button once more.
You should see some changes on the Person page. The Member status has changed from "Nonmember" to "Member" and the Baptism information is now on the "Membership" tab. Done!
Profession of Faith
Follow the same steps as Baptism to find the "Nonmember" record and click the "Change Status" button to record the Profession of Faith. This will take you to the Change Status screen. Change "Member by" (1) to "Profession of Faith" and enter date (2). Click the "Save" button and you're done!
- A committed Christian coming from another group that practices baptism by immersion.
- An SDA member who cannot secure a transfer because of world conditions.
- An SDA member whose home church does not respond to request for transfer.
- An SDA member whose membership been misplaced, but has remained faithful and committed.
NOTE: Profession of Faith should not be used in place of a Transfer if the person is a member in another congregation. "No church has the right to withhold transfer unless the person is under discipline." (Church Manual p. 51)
In special cases where a church does not have complete membership records in eAdventist, members can be added by "Prior Baptism", "Prior PoF" or "Prior Transfer". Church clerks can ask their conference clerk to make these changes for them.
Transfer from International Church
Transfer from North American Church
See Transfers (coming soon).