CT 1.1: Adding a Family (of one)
Clerk Tutorial 1: Basics
Exercise 1: Adding a Family (of one)
Let's start with a family that only contains one person, a single man named Steve Manning who has been taking Bible studies and attending your church. He is planning to be baptized and would like to receive church mailings. Use the following information to add him:
|Address||132 Sherwood Forest Rd, Annapolis MD 21401|
|Born on||February 27, 1985|
|Ethnic class||Your choice|
Step 1 - Create a New Family
- Choose the purple People menu section on the left, then choose new family.
- On the top half of the Person screen, enter Steve's name, email, church, marital status, birth date, mobile phone and work phone. On the lower half of the screen, enter Steve's home phone and street address.
- Click on the Personal tab and enter Steve's "Ethnic class".
- Click the "Save" button. Steve has been added! Note that he is currently the "Primary Contact" for his Family. In fact, he's the only person in his Family. Also, note that his "Status" is currently "Nonmember".
Step 2 - Search for a Person
If you just completed Step 1, Steve's record is already on your screen. However, we want to learn how to find it again in the future.
- Choose the purple People menu section, then choose search.
- Enter a few letters of Steve's first and last names (e.g. "man" and "ste"), then click the "Search" button.
- You should see Steve included in the search results. Click on his name to see his record - the Person page.
Step 3 - Enter a Baptism
Steve completed Bible studies and was baptized by Pastor Jones on August 7, 2016. Let's enter this baptism.
- If you just completed Step 2, Steve's record is already on your screen.
- Click the "Change Status" button.
- On the Change Status/Rebaptize page, "Change" should be set to "to Member by", the drop-down should be set to "Baptism", and the "on" field should be set to "8/7/2016". Click the "Save" button.
- This takes you to the Baptism Information page and you can enter "Baptized by", "Event" and "Original baptism place". These items are all optional. Click the "Save" button.
- This takes you back to Steve's Person page. Note that his "Status" is now "Member".
Step 4 - Print the Family Unit Record (FUR)
- To print Steve's Family Unit Record (FUR) as a PDF, click the "Print Family" button.