Adding a Person
Each new person is initially added to eAdventist as a nonmember. Additional changes -- baptism, profession of faith, transfer in (from foreign church) -- can be made after they have been added.
eAdventist groups people by family, so a new person can be added one of 2 ways:
- Create a new family
- Add a new person to an existing family
Choose "new family" in the People menu section.
This will give you a blank Person screen.
Some of the most important information that you can enter includes:
- Name (required) - First name and Last name are required, all other name fields are optional
- Church (required) - choose one
- Personal phones (optional) - Mobile phone and Work phone belong to the person
- Birth date (optional) - To enter a birthday without the year, use 1800 for the year
- Phones (optional) - These numbers are shared by all family members
- Addresses (optional) - Shared by all family members, use "Mail/PO Box" if different than "Street", use "Alternate" for snowbirds
Add New Person to a Family
On the Person screen for a family member, click the "New Person" button.
This will give you a blank Person screen with the Last name, Church and family information (phones, addresses, subscriptions) already filled in.